PAGES

WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I caught up with a colleague for coffee last week. Our conversation started with work, moved on to life and ended up in a fit of excitement over potential blog posts. 

I adore this woman. 

Working with her is like getting up every morning to watch the sun rise. Absolutely delightful. Her passion and energy for what she does is contagious and inspiring. 

I wanted what she was having, and I had to ask....

What is your secret? 

Coffee. The answer was instant, and although we laughed and moved on it did get me thinking. 

Often the greatest pleasures in life are simple. We have enough to manage in a day without the additional burden of expensive purchases, excessive planning and unnecessary guilt. 

So let me level with you. 

I have a seriously sweet tooth and a sedentary job. 

This is a problem.

Every week, we inevitably end up with two spotty bruised bananas that remain in the bowl until our house resembles the butterfly enclosure at the zoo. 

This is also a problem. 

During my second pregnancy I stumbled across a painfully simple way of resolving both problems. 

Jacq's Simple Pleasure #1: Frozen Banana

Simply grab a handful as a cheap / healthy sweet fix. They're best eaten straight out of the freezer, I often pop them in a snap-lock bag and munch on them in the North-Western on my way to work but  the uses for this humble frozen fruit are seemingly endless. 

My kids literally go bananas for them. Don't be surprised if you open the freezer to find it raided during the night. You have not been mass invaded by monkeys. 

The following photos are courtesy of The Glowing Fridge, who's ability to document how to freeze a banana transcends art. I really hope you enjoy the tip. 

What's your simple secret? 

I'd love for you to leave a comment and let me know. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment:

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design